don't judge me on the lightning cute birdies, because i made this cute crochet cozy wednesday evening, and finished the felt lettering (with Sanne!) thursday evening... and since it was already turning dark outside i don't have stunner pics. but you'll get the idea!
her teacher celebrates her 55th birthday tomorrow and we decided to go 'homemade', since she really loves that. and hey, i'm a maker so win win right?
what's in the pot? candy... yup. not my choice, but it's Sanne's gift to Mrs. Hilda and i let her choose. we agreed that if the pot was empty she could have it on her desk with cute pencils in it and all. Sanne is real proud of how neatly she glued on the felt letters. haha. yup. i've got a lazy kid and she gets away with it too!
want to create a cute last minute cozy as a teachers gift too? here's what i did and what you need:
- it's a pot from (Dutch brand) "Hak" (vegetables) ofcourse any will do;
- crochet hook 4,5 mm;
- Drops Paris yarn (geesh. i know. i'm an addict);
How to crochet this cute cozy:
- start with a chain 58 (depends on your pot size really...) + chain 1 to turn;
- turn, crochet in the back loops only (*that's how you get that ribble effect) all single crochets;
- everytime you turn, make sure you chain 1 to turn;
- i've crocheted 2 rows of one color and creme after each color.
- crochet the height you need;
now you've got this cute little square / rectangle piece of crochet right. well, join it together. i simply crochet with a single crochet and turn the right side out so you won't see the seam too much.
cut out some cute felt letters by hand and glue them on with Tacky or any other fabric glue.
so. it took me one night (not alllll night ofcourse you silly's. it's an easy stitch and if you use just one color you'll be done in an hour. or 2).
on the agenda today: the little dude is not feeling well at all. so maybe i'll keep him home and hug, snug & chill all day on the couch. win win to me. the little girl has a cute movienight with her girlfriends. it will be a relaxed day (as long as he doesn't get too sick...). and wwhhaattttt it's my birthday next monday and my last year in my thirties is coming. and that sounds so weird!
life is good. crochet a cozy.