you know those awesome effects and techniques you see done with the Masking Liquid pen from Tomboy? i love that effect! but i didn't have a pen like that & i couldn't find it in stores. so i figured it must be done differently...
so i thought about glue. and i had some photo glue lying around. actually being in my way. so i thought, i can write with that photo glue tube. here's what i did:
- write something with photo glue
- i'm using a Strathmore art journal because the pages are super nice & thick!
- let it dry, or use your heat gun
- splash around and over it with watercolor
- let that dry, or again get your heat gun
- eat some dark chocolate while waiting. yes. it is in the picture!
- once the paint & glue is completely dry, carefully rub off the photo glue residue
jeeeeej. it worked! and i love it. i don't know if this is a cheaper techique, i'm really not into figuring that out, but i just wanted to make it and didn't have the product i needed. so a little creative thinking and a new technique is born.
show me what you made with photo glue!
on the agenda today: oh so many plans, but the little girl was picked up from school. throwing up (i was just fast enough to open the car door (we were still on the parking lot before her school), and bam, she threw up all over the place. some very lovely road workers came to the rescue with a bottle of fresh water so she could fresh up a bit. those are the men. at home she kept throwing up, at least 18 times. so the flue in full force. she's doing okay now, but is totally exhausted. she keeps tea and some crackers in. so hopefully it was crazy heavy but over soon. she just wants me to sit next to her. so i will. with my crochet hook.
life is good. splash the watercolor around!